Tuesday, January 18, 2022

2022 Grammy's Album Of The Year Review: "Love For Sale" - Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga

 


For this year's reviews of the album of the year nominees, I simplified my grading. I grade each song (not any interludes or preludes) out of 10, coming up with a final score out of 100. 


"Love For Sale" - Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga


(All Rights To Streamline/Columbia/Interscope Records)

1) "It's De-Lovely"

There's a nice brass intro. I would have liked a bit more in the instrumental solo.


2) "Night and Day"

With a sweeping intro, this brings a nice laid-back feel.


3) "Love For Sale"

Tony Bennett commands the introduction with a confident brass backing. There's a nice bright solo section.


4) "Do I Love You?"

There's a calming feel with delicate vocals from Lady Gaga, building to the end.


5) "I've Got You Under My Skin"

The vocals are playful.


6) "I Concentrate On You"

There's a nice feel, with the trumpet solo meeting the moment.


7) "I Get A Kick Out Of You"

There's a nice instrumental break.


8) "So In Love"

There's a good mix in this track.


9) "Let's Do It"

This starts off with a soft intro, followed by a seamless tempo change. The instrumental break doesn't quite mesh with the feel of the track.


10) "Dream Dancing"

There's a smooth guitar solo.


11) "Just One Of These Things"


12) "You're The Top"

With a lively intro, there's a really solid back & forth with the drums.


This album of Cole Porter covers was a pleasant listen. Tony Bennett still brings it with the vocals, and Tony & Gaga continue to have a nice balance together. I hope Lady Gaga continues to explore jazz in the future. (94.58)


Olivia Rodrigo "Sour" - 100

Billie Eilish "Happier Than Ever" - 97

Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga "Love For Sale" - 94.58

Jon Batiste "We Are" - 94.54

Lil Nas X "Montero" - 85

H.E.R "Back Of My Mind" - 78

Kanye West "Donda" - 61

No comments:

Post a Comment